Dr Pillai founded Advanced Vision Care after amassing a lifetime’s experience in refractive surgery as a consultant for several well-known clinics in the UK and as a consultant ophthalmic surgeon for numerous NHS hospitals in the UK and hospitals in India.
Dr Pillai wealth of knowledge is unsurpassed as he is one of the few surgeons in the country to have both a corneal and refractive fellowship. He has over 25 years of ophthalmic experience and has performed over 30,000 LASIK, LASEK and PRK laser procedures. He is considered to be one of the most experienced laser eye surgeons in his field. His surgical skills and record of very low complication rates have been widely applauded in specialist journals such as Journal of Cataract & Refractive Surgery, Eye, IOVS, Optician and Cosmetic Surgery.
Dr Pillai expertise and service are in regular demand, he presents papers and lectures at national and international refractive conferences and is extensively published in peer-reviewed journals.
• Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists (1990)
• Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (1989)
• Diploma in Ophthalmology, Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow (1988)
• Diploma in Ophthalmology, Madras University, India (1982)
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Madras University, India (1980)