Dr James Thing is a Consultant in Sport and Exercise medicine with previous experience as a general practitioner. He worked as a Sports Doctor at the Olympics in 2012.
He currently works as the British Athletics Event Lead Doctor co-ordinating care for world-class athletic events including British-based Diamond League athletics and the Anniversary Games.
He is a pitchside doctor in the premiership for Harlequins Rugby.
Dr Thing undertakes a weekly NHS diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound list at the Royal London Hospital (Barts Health).
James enjoys working with all sports people, whether amateur
enthusiasts or international athletes.
His interests include:
1) Diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound and ultrasound guided injections. He has a weekly NHS ultrasound/radiology list at Barts Health.
2) Lower limb tendon disorders including Achilles and Patellar tendinopathy, as well as plantar fasciitis.
3) Non-surgical treatment of osteoarthritis, particularly knee, hip and hand/wrist.
4) Hand, Wrist and Elbow sports/musculoskeletal injuries
5) Adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder)
6) Rugby and Athletics Medicine