Mr Alistair Phillips is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon who specialises in the hand, wrist and elbow. He completed his specialist training in Devon & Cornwall and later in his career, he was fortunate enough to complete a Fellowship in the world-renowned Pulvertaft Hand Unit in Derby and at University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust.
To this day, he places an onus on continuing his patient-centred approach. By his own admission, he aims to:
1) Develop systems and processes based around you, the patient, and not me
2) Keep you in hospital as short a time as possible
3) Rehabilitate you as quickly as possible Use injection techniques, when required, that are almost painless
4) Treat you without surgery if at all possible
5) Only offer you surgery if I believe I can reliably improve your condition with the absolute minimum of risk
In the very limited spare time that he has, Mr Phillips enjoys cycling, running and swimming and spending time with his family and friends.
Primary Medical Qualification
Higher Postgraduate Qualifications