Tarek El Gamal is an Orthopaedic Surgeon who completed his higher surgical training in Orthopaedics at Alexandria University Hospital. In 2006, Gamal was granted a Masters Degree in Trauma & Orthopaedics. In 2012 he cleared the Intercollegiate Specialty Board exam FRCS (Trauma-Orth).
In 2014, he was awarded a place on one of the most sought after and highly regarded advanced foot & ankle training fellowships In Wirral university teaching hospitals. In 2015, Gamal was Appointed as foot & ankle consultant in Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals.
Currently, Tarek El Gamal is practising as a Foot & ankle consultant at Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust. He was voted 2019 Trainer of the year in Warwickshire & Coventry deanery. He is a dedicated foot and ankle surgeon who treats all conditions from simple to complex with no problem being too small. Minimally invasive ( keyhole surgery) of the foot & ankle is his passion.
• MIS Bunion excision, Hammer Toe & Tailor Bunions.
• MIS Hindfoot surgery eg Flat foot & high arched foot.
- Forefoot deformities e.g. Bunion.
- Arthritis of foot e.g. Big toe, Mid & Hindfoot.
- Anterior & Posterior Ankle arthroscopy e.g. Impingement & Micro-fracture.
- Arthroscopic Ankle Fusion.
- Subtalar Arthroscopy.
- Hind-foot Endoscopy e.g. Achilles Tendinopathy.
- Big Toe arthroscopy.
FOOT & ANKLE INJURIES
- Ankle & Foot fractures e.g. Talus & Calcaneum.
- Sports injuries: Instability.
- Dance injuries
- Plantar plate tear.
- Tendon injuries:Tibialis Anterior & Posterior ruptures, peroneal dislocation.
- Heel pain, Plantar fascitis, Shockwave therapy.
- Morton’s Neuroma