Mr Attar has been awarded the Certificate of Excellence in Patient Care 2018. He is the Head of the Department of Urology (Clinical Lead) at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in Central London.
*** Please contact 020 3494 4032 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org for appointments including same day appointments***
***Please note that the calendar shows Mr Attar’s clinic hours only and not the actual available appointments.
Languages Spoken: English
Mr Attar is a Consultant Urological Surgeon who has been awarded the Certificate of Excellence in Patient Care 2018 and The Certificate of Excellent Patient Experience 2018. He is the Head of the Urology Department (Clinical Lead) at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in Central London.
Beside his experience in General and Diagnostic Urology (primarily Prostate cancer and Bladder cancer diagnostics), he also subspecialises in the endourological management of complex kidney stones using minimally invasive techniques and laser technology as well as the diagnosis and laser treatment of kidney and ureteric urothelial tumours.
He finished his higher surgical training in London and spent his final year at the highly-reputable University College London Hospital, where he received extensive training in treating urinary tract stones using minimally invasive techniques. He also spent one year doing his research post in Neuro-Urology at the Spinal Injury Unit at the renowned Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore where he gained a vast experience in treating various urological conditions such as kidney and bladder stones, bladder overactivity, urinary incontinence, recurrent infections and erectile dysfunction.
Mr Attar is active academically and has published over 30 scientific articles in various urological journals. He has presented his work in different international and national meetings and has participated in changing surgical practice.
طبيب استشاري في جراحة المجاري البولية والتناسلية
Publications in Scientific Journals:
1. An Unusual Case of Pure Testicular Seminoma in a 92 year old Patient: a Case report Denning C, Tay LJ, Attar KH (WJCU 2017)
2. Long term Outcomes of Augmentation Ileocystoplasty in Spinal Cord Injured Patients: a Minimum of 10-year Follow-Up. Gurung P, Attar KH, Abdul-Rahman A, Morris T, Hamid R, Shah PJR. BJU Int. 2012. PMID: 21851549
3. Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumour of the Spermatic Cord. Gurung P, Attar KH, Peters JL. Int J Urol 2010: 17(7): 679-80. PMID: 20482657
4. Clearance After Vasectomy: Has the Time Come to Modify The Current Practice? Attar KH, Gurung P, Holden S, Peters JL, Philp T. Scand J Urol Nephrol. 2010; 44(3):147-50. PMID: 20201750
5. Long Term Outcome of Tension-Free Vaginal Tape for the Treatment of Stress Incontinence In Females with Neuropathic Bladders. Abdul-Rahman A, Attar KH, Hamid R, Shah PJR. BJU Int.2010;106(6):827-30. PMID: 20132201
6. The Relationship between Bladder Management and Health-related Quality of Life in Patients with Spinal Cord Injury in the UK. Liu CW, Attar KH, Gall A, Shah J, Craggs M. Spinal Cord. 2009;48(4):319-24. PMID: 19841636
7. Polydimethylsiloxane in the Treatment of Sphincter Weakness Incontinence in Men with Spinal Cord Injury: Long-Term Follow-Up. Attar KH , Gurung P, Hamid R, Wood S , Shah PJR. BJUMS 2008;1(2):63-66
8. Kidney Salvage Using the Fibrinogen- and Thrombin-coated Sponge TachoSil during Nephron-Sparing Surgery for the Resection of Large Renal Tumours. Attar KH, Namasivayam J, Green J, Peters J. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2008 Jul; 90(5):W8
9. The Urological Management of Patients with Spinal Cord Injury. Attar KH, Shah PJR. Saudi Urological Association Newsletter Dec 2008;2(2):3-4
10. The First Semen Analysis after Vasectomy: Timing and Definition of Success. Attar KH, Holden S, Peters J and Philp T. BJU Int. 2007; 100(3):700-1. PMID: 17669151.
11. Robotic Anderson-Hynes Pyeloplasty: 5-year Experience of One Centre. Attar KH, Webster G. Surgeon’s News
12. Increasing Safety While Decreasing Stress at Radical Prostatectomy: a Novel Use of the Scrubbing Sponge. Rowe EW, Attar KH, Karim O. BJU Int. 2004; 94(1):188-9.PMID: 15217459
13. Adding Space and Colour, Without Tying a Knot, at the Bladder Neck-Urethral Stump Anastomosis during Radical Prostatectomy. Rowe EW, Attar KH, Karim OM. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2004; 7(3):268-9. PMID: 15249930
14. Trans-Rectal Ultrasound-guided Biopsy of the Prostate: Nationwide Diversity in Practice and training in the United Kingdom. Lee G, Attar K, Laniado M, Karim O. Int Urol Nephrol. 2007; 39(1):185. PMID: 17268896
15. Diagnosis and Management of Prostatitis: a Urological Challenge. Attar KH, Hamid R, Peters J. Trends Urol Gyn Sex Health. 2007; 12(4):26-30
16. Safety and Detailed Patterns of Morbidity of Transrectal Ultrasound guided Needle Biopsy of Prostate in a Urologist-led Unit. Lee G, Attar K, Laniado M, Karim O. Int Urol Nephrol. 2006; 38(2):281-5. PMID:16868698
17. Treating Co-Existent Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia/ Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms and Erectile Dysfunction in the aging men. Blake-James B, Attar KH, Emberton M. Aging Health. 2007; 3(2): 191-200
18. Secondary Polycythaemia Associated with Unilateral Renal Cystic Disease. Blake-James B, Attar KH, Rabbani S, Yeghen T, Owen R, Peters. J. Int Urol Nephrol. 2007; 39(3):955-8. PMID: 16835724
19. Folding the Flow Rate: a Simple Method to Display and File the Uroflowmetry Tracing. Attar KH, Rowe E, Karim O. Int Urol Nephrol. 2004; 36(4):533-6. PMID: 15787331
20. The Secret of the Phantom Stone: a Case Report. Attar KH, Lee G, Rowe E, Hudd C. Int Urol Nephrol. 2004; 36(1):27-8.
21. Case Report: Minimally Invasive Treatment of an Unusual Obstructive Ectopic Upper Pole Ureter. Lee G, Attar KH, Hudd C. Int Urol Nephrol. 2004; 36(1):21-2.
22. Rare Species of Actinomyces as Causative Pathogens in Breast Abscess. Attar KH, Waghorn D, Cunnick G. Breast J. 2007 Sep-Oct; 13(5):501-5. PMID: 17760673
23. Capsular Flap for Correction of Contour Deformities of the Breast. Imran D, Javaid M, Lewis D, Attar KH. Ann Plast Surg. 2005 Jun; 54(6):662-3. PMID: 15900156
24. An Anomalous Muscle Mimicking a Dorso-Radial Ganglion as a Cause of Radial Wrist Pain. Imran D, Avarmidis M, Attar KH. Hand Surg. 2006; 11(1-2):47-9. PMID: 17080528
25. Vacuum-assisted Closure (VAC) Therapy in the Management of Digital Pulp Defects. Attar KH, Imran D, Iyer S Acta Chir Plast. 2007; 49(3):75-6. PMID: 1805158
26. Grafting Posterior Tibial Nerve with Ipsilateral Sural nerve Cables in Leg Re-Plantation- a Common Sense Approach. Imran D, Attar KH. Acta Chir Plast. 2007; 49(3):63-5. PMID: 18051584
27. The Cosmetic Bladder. Patki P, Attar KH, Shah PJR. Charter Continence Care. Issue 14, 2008
28. Prostate Cancer’. Attar KH. Men’s Health Magazine. February Edition, 2008.
29. Laparoscopic Clam Ileocystoplasty: Technical feasibility ad Reduced Morbidity. Patki P, Attar KH, Patel K, Kirker D, Desai M, Shah J. Journal of Urology 2008;179(4):240-242
30. The Role of Ultrasound in the Urological Surveillance of Spinal Cord Injured Patients. Gurung P, Abdulrahman A, Attar KH et al. Journal of Urology. 2009; 181(4):934
Procedures for kidney stones/ cancer (TCC)
Flexible ureteroscopy-renoscopy (URS) and laser treatment of kidney stones
Percutaneous (key-hole) removal of stones from kidney (PCNL)
Rigid ureteroscopy and laser treatment to ureteric stones
Insertion of ureteric stent for ureteric stones
Shockwave lithotripsy for kidney and ureteric stones (ESWL)
Rigid and flexible ureterorenoscopy for renal and ureteric TCC
Ureteric stricture balloon dilatation
Cystoscope (inspection of bladder)- rigid and flexible
Bladder tumour resection (TURBT)
Cystoscopy and laser treatment of bladder stones
Cystoscopy and retrograde studies of ureter
Cystoscopy and insertion of ureteric stent
Cystoscope and dilatation of urethra (water pipe)
Cystoscopy and hydrodistension of bladder
Intravesical Antitumor Antibiotics
Treatments for painful bladder conditions
Management of catheter problems
Insertion of suprapublic catheter surgery (SPC)
Self catheterisation in men and women
Trial of catheter removal
Urodynamic studies (pressure tests on the bladder)
Image-Fusion Transperineal Prostate Biopsies
Resection of prostate for benign disease and prostate cancer (TURP)
Bladder neck incision
Operation on testicle
Removal of testicle (for testicular cancer- orchidectomy)
Repair of Hydrocele
Insertion of artificial testis (prosthesis)
Fixation of undescended testis (orchidopexy)
Removal of epipidymal cyst
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
Fellow of the European Board of Urology
Member of the British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS)
Member of the BAUS Section of Endourology
Member of the Medical Defence Union