Mr Bajekal is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Barnet & Chase Farm with the The Royal Free London NHS foundation trust. He has specialist experience in spinal, hip and knee surgery.
He is a vastly experienced consultant with significant knowledge of general orthopaedics and trauma alongside his main specialty of managing and treating degenerative spinal disorders and back pain. His colleagues often seek his advice when managing complex cases.
A meticulous clinician and surgeon his approach to the spinal problems only involves surgery after careful assessment which allows both the patient and himself to understand the underlying cause.
Mr Bajekal has developed a particular knowledge and experience in the management of trauma since his medical training in India. He made a significant contribution to setting out protocols and guidelines for trauma management at the Bassetlaw Hospital which has greatly improved the communication within the medical team in the delivery of acute trauma care. It remains a topic that he often lectures on.
He is popular amongst his peers and trainess and continues to play an active role in training a new generation of orthopaedic surgeons.
His holistic approach ensures that during his consultations he takes as much time as needed to listen to his patient's concerns and questions. This allows for treatment plans that are individually tailored to the needs of his patients. He also recently completed a diploma in Lifestyle Medicine from the British Society of Lifestyle Medicine.
· FRCS (Trauma and Orth.) Intercollegiate Board 1997
· ChM (Orth.) University of Liverpool 1996
· FRCS Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow 1993
· Diplomate National Board (Orthopaedics) National Board of Examinations New Delhi 1990
· Certificate of Honour in Surgery and Orthopaedics (MBBS)
· MS (Orthopaedics) All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 1989
· MBBS Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research University of Madras 1986