Mr Giuliani is Consultant Paediatric Surgeon at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children and Honorary Senior Lecturer at University College London (UCL).
Mr Giuliani graduated in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Udine (Italy) in 2000 and earned his Italian Medical Licence in 2001. In December 2006 he became a certified Paediatric Surgeon after a five-year programme at the University of Padova (Italy). He also obtained the United States Medical Licence (USMLE) and he worked for four years at the University of Southern California (USC) in Los Angeles, USA. From 2007 to 2009, Mr Giuliani was selected for a highly competitive clinical international fellowship in Paediatric Surgery at the Children’s Hospital, Los Angeles. This is one of the best paediatric hospitals in America and the largest on the West Coast. This was an excellent clinical experience for him and he was able to develop outstanding surgical skills in the most challenging subspecialties of paediatric surgery such as neonatal surgery, surgical oncology, paediatric minimally invasive surgery, paediatric trauma, and kidney transplantation.
Mr Giuliani has been living and working in London since 2010. He is currently focusing on advancing the field of paediatric surgery whilst improving the quality of treatment for his young patients. His international background makes Mr Giuliani an experienced Paediatric Surgeon aware of the latest and most advanced minimally invasive surgical techniques (laparoscopy and thoracoscopy) in the field.
Whenever possible, Mr Giuliani offers minimally invasive surgical techniques (keyhole surgery) to reduce scar size, postoperative pain and reduce the length of stay in his young patients.
- July 2000 Medical degree (MD) at the University of Udine, Udine, Italy
- May 2001 Italian Medical Licence
- Dec 2006 United States of America Medical Licence
- Jan 2011 United Kingdom Medical Licence
- Nov 2012 Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Dec 2006 Italian Paediatric Surgery Certification
- Jan 2011 United Kingdom Paediatric Surgery
- Jan 2010 PhD in Developmental Medicine and Health Planning Science, University of Padova, Italy
- June 2015 Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program (GCSRTP) at Harvard Medical School