Ms Kallirroi Tzafetta is an outstanding Consultant with a great speciality in Plastic and Reconstructive surgery. She has a great understanding of general plastic surgery and more impressively can perform reconstructive procedures on skin burns and after tumour removal.
She achieved her Medical Degree in Athens in 1991, and then moved to the UK where she completed her medical training and achieved the Certificate of Completion of Training in Plastic Surgery (CCT) in 2007. She also obtained a Master’s Degree at Bradford University through undertaking a 2 year research project on wound healing.
She also completed a Fellowship in Microsurgery and reconstruction for facial paralysis in Norfolk, Virginia, from which she achieved a grant from the Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation (PSEF). This enabled her to carry out laboratory and clinical research on facial paralysis and the facial nerve. From undertaking this research she published her findings in the Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Furthermore from this she was selected as a co-author to write a chapter based on facial reanimation in the textbook PLASTIC SURGERY: Indications and Practice.
MS Tzafetta worked as a Locum Consultant in Plastic Surgery in Leeds General Infirmary and is currently a Consultant in the Plastic Surgery department in Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford. He works on Plastic and Cosmetic surgery and performs several procedures, including facial surgery, face lift, eyelid surgery, liposuction and body sculpting.
Ms Tzafetta regularly attends conferences and events and lectures about her work on facial paralysis, facial reconstruction and wound healing. She is also a member of several organisations including the British Association of Plastic and Reconstructive Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS), the World Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery (WSRM) and the Sir Charles Bell Society for facial paralysis.
· Medical Degree from the University of Athens.
· Fellow of the Royal College of Plastic Surgeons FRCS (plast).
· Member of the European Board of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (EBOPRAS).
· Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
· On the GMC specialist register for plastic surgeons.
· Fellowship in microsurgery and facial paralysis surgery at The Microsurgical Research Centre at Eastern Virginia Medical School, USA.
· Awarded a Master of Philosophy (MPhil) from the University of Bradford, for full-time research work on wound healing.